BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Best Books Ever..

2 posts in one day..But boredom strikes so I thought I would put my favourite ever books!

1. Hamlet (Not even kidding. Greatest work of literature. I could read this forever.)
2. Beowulf (Seamus Heaney translation...Such a close contender to Hamlet. It is brilliant.)
3. Northanger Abbey (Austen)
4. The Castle of Otranto (Read below!)
5. Snippets of Beyond Good and Evil and Thus Spake Zarathustra. (Snippets as I have read all of Beyond G and E but not all of thus spake Zarathustra. But I love Nietzsche because he has the most intensely passionate writing style and in spite of the fact that he wants you to think and to challenge his rhetoric style just makes you want to proclaim it. Which is kinda the point.)
6. Jane Eyre. (Because it's brilliant.)
(Depressingly for an English student, I only have 6 favourite all time books..I can't quite make it to ten..but then that is because it takes A LOT to make it into my top 6 :-)

0 comments: