BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 24 January 2010

Exam time in the rest of the world...

Having read 15 pages of The Iliad, I felt it was time for a congratualtory study break, and so I came on here to release my boredom..
I am listening to the Bangles Manic Monday, Bonnie Tyler Total Eclipse of the heart and researching things to do in London, when I go for the second time this week, on Wednesday.
I am meeting my mum on Thursday, so I think we are going on the London eye and a couple of museums, maybe V and A and National Gallery.
On the Wednesday I'm thinking Imperial War Museum and St. Paul's Cathedral...I would go shopping but have absolutely no money at all other than what has gone into train fare and hostels...


I am curretly reading' White Tiger', which actually a really good book, it won the Man booker prize. It's also narrates the life of a man born into poverty in India, in what he refers to as the 'Darkness', and his climb up the social ladder. It is all done through his letters to a chinese statesman, he narrates the real effect of India's economic position, the role and development of the entrepeuner, and the real side of Indian democracy, all through the narrative of the letter. I think he starts killing people quite soon though...I think he becomes a psychopath..we shall see.
It is such an accessible book to read, it is one of those books, in which the narrator is supposed to be of low social standing and poor education, but his observant nature elevates the narrative style. It's awesome!
Also reading the Iliad, that's just a lot of greek men in skirts, not particularly interesting, all that has happened so far is that they steal each others women and have a fight about it...
Also, just looked at my ticket for London, 9.30am, here's hoping I'm not going to be standing all day!
I haven't really done much else...
Ergo Bibamus
Xx

0 comments: